Monday, August 30, 2010

**for those of you who have read this; there's different prayer requests and praises that i've added at the end.... :-)

CRAZY God story!! Here's how I came to the decision to move to Idaho...

This is the short version :-) I've been praying for direction for a long time...

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” ~ Matthew 7:7-8

On Wednesday, July 21st, I was praying, frustrated with researching what my next step might be. I was asking the Lord for something so clear, beyond my imagination, and would stretch my faith. Right then, I got a phone call from my friend Rachel. She was asking if I'd consider moving to Idaho, and going to Aletheia Christian College http://www.aletheiachristian.com/ I immediately knew that this was God's direction and answer to my prayer!

And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.” ~ Isaiah30:21

As soon as I hung up, I started feeling overwhelmed, wondering if I was making the biggest mistake of my life, but then I started praying and I heard a song with the lyrics, “I won't abandon you.” Not only that, but I opened the Bible and the first verse I see...

'Leave your country and your people,' God said, 'and go to the land I will show you.” ~ Acts 7:3

Okay, God...I get it :-) Even though I went up and down about the decision, by the end of the day, through many confirmations with people praying over me and reading all the same verses the Lord had given me earlier, I knew by the end of the day, that I was moving to Idaho.

So, the date was set: August 19th. I'm very excited about this college and having the opportunity to serve along my good friends Rachel and Nathanael Davis.

The Lord has blessed me with each of you dear friends and family, and I thank each one of you for speaking life over me, for your prayers, love, encouragement, support, etc.!! I'm going to miss you all TONS and will be praying for you. The Lord desires to give you more than you could ever imagine!!! Seek Him with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

In Christ's amazing love,

Cathy Welch

cathywelch@hotmail.com

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.” ~ M. Scott Peck

Praise Reports:

1. Actually survived the trip here to Idaho; wow! whoever said driving cross country was fun...? hmm....maybe it's different if it's a joy trip and not a big move like this; thankfully my friend Rachel was able to ride with me from Nebraska to here; otherwise I might have turned around :-)

2. The family here is very welcoming and have helped me a lot!!

3. Found a church family nearby :-)

Prayer Requests:

1. To not neglect spending time with the Lord among all the business.

  1. For spiritual, physical, and emotional strength to keep up with school, work (once I get it) and being a light to people here in Idaho and the surrounding areas.

  2. A job for me there to pay for rent and schooling, etc; will be looking for one when I arrive in Idaho. School starts September 7th. God's in control, so I'm excited for this new journey!! :-)


No comments: